Fresh vegies and simple pantry staples come together in this one-pot meal
The ingredient of Tomato & borlotti bean soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 x 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Tomato & borlotti bean soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with the bread rolls.
Nutritions of Tomato & borlotti bean soupfatContent: 345.355 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein